The Foundation for Young Musicians (FYM) is a registered charity (No: 100825) and was set up in 1990 to raise funds for the Centre for Young Musicians (CYM), so that CYM can continue to offer talented London school children first-class musical training and education irrespective of ability to pay.
Over the years the Foundation has raised many millions of pounds for CYM, and every year, it plays a vital role in providing financial support for CYM, both with its running costs and with projects.
It seeks funding for:
- Bursaries to pay the tuition fees at Saturday Centre of gifted youngsters whose families don’t have the means to meet those costs.
- Bursaries to enable disadvantaged young people to attend holiday courses and instrument taster sessions at CYM.
- The repair and purchase of musical instruments for loan to young people who cannot afford the prices of instruments today.
- CYM’s use of the IT/Recording Studio at Morley College
- The London Schools Symphony Orchestra (LSSO), the London Youth Wind Band (LYWB) and other ensembles.
- Tutor apprentice scheme – where music college students come in to help to teach and give confidence to the aspiring young musicians.
- Special projects such as commissions, master classes and composer-in-residence schemes.
The City of London Corporation has been the loyal sponsor of the London Schools Symphony Orchestra for over 13 years. To see a full list of our current generous supporters please look on the Supporters page.
How to help the Foundation for Young Musicians
Please call or e-mail to discuss how you might help:
020 7928 3844
(Funds donated are by a UK taxpayers are eligible for tax recovery under the Gift Aid scheme – please call to discuss.)
List of FYM funders
Stephen Bloch Memorial Disability Charity: http://thestevenblochimageofdisabilitycharitabletrust.com/
Brook Trust: http://brooktrust.org/
City of London Corporation: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Pages/default.aspx
The D’Oyly Carte Charitable Trust: http://www.doylycartecharitabletrust.org/
The Ernest Cook Trust: http://ernestcooktrust.org.uk/
EMI Sound Foundation: http://www.emimusicsoundfoundation.com/
JP Getty Charitable Trust: http://www.jpgettytrust.org.uk/
German YMCA in London: http://www.german-ymca.org.uk/
Goldsmiths’ Company: http://www.thegoldsmiths.co.uk/
The Haberdashers’ Company: http://www.haberdashers.co.uk/home.php
Harold Hyam Wingate Foundation: http://www.wingatefoundation.org.uk/
Hyde Park Place Estate Charity
ICE Futures Charitable Trust
The Leche Trust: http://www.lechetrust.org/
Lucille Graham Trust: http://www.lucillegrahamtrust.org.uk/
Louis Watt Memorial Fund
The Lord and Lady Lurgan Trust: http://lurgantrust.org/
The Mageni Trust:
Newcomen Collett Foundation: http://www.newcomencollett.org.uk/
Jack Petchey Foundation: http://www.jackpetcheyfoundation.org.uk/
The Stanley Picker Trust: http://www.stanleypickergallery.org/about/stanley-picker-trust/
Austin & Hope Pilkington Trust: http://austin-hope-pilkington.org.uk/
The Radcliffe Trust: http://www.theradcliffetrust.org/
Restore the Music UK: http://www.restorethemusicuk.com/
St Olave’s Foundation Fund: http://www.stolavesfoundationfund.org.uk/
Steel Charitable Trust: http://www.steelcharitabletrust.org.uk/
Talbot House Trust: http://www.talbothousetrust.co.uk/
Trusthouse Charitable Foundation: http://www.trusthousecharitablefoundation.org.uk/
The Alan & Babette Sainsbury Charitable Fund: http://www.sfct.org.uk/the-alan-and-babette-sainsbury-charitable-fund/
The Barbara Whatmore Trust
The Thistle Trust
Plus personal donations from individuals ‘in memoriam’ donations and legacies, all of which are hugely valued and appreciated.